- The government introduced ex gratia fee of Rs 5 lakh each and every to the family of the ones killed because of floods.
- 243 aid camps have been opened in 4 districts the place 20,923 individuals evacuated from flood-hit spaces.
- Atleast 10 Categorical trains cancelled on Sat, Solar because of flooding of the tracks in Vijayawada department
A heavy downpour wreaked havoc in Andhra Pradesh, leaving a minimum of 25 other people were killed in flash floods in 4 Rayalaseema districts, together with Chittoor, Kadapa, Kurnool and Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh. Greater than 100 individuals are feared to were washed away in separate incidents within the 4 districts.
Listed here are the highest 10 traits:
- The Indian Air Drive, NDRF, SDRF, Police and Hearth Services and products body of workers stored a minimum of 64 individuals, together with a police inspector, from the large flash floods in Anantapuramu, Kadapa, and Chittoor districts, the federal government mentioned in a be aware.
- Leader Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy carried out an aerial survey in Kadapa, Anantapuramu and Chittoor districts to evaluate the wear and tear. He spoke to Creditors of Kadapa and Chittoor districts and acquired information about the devastation and requested the officers to habits an enumeration of the crop losses as quickly because the floodwater receded. The federal government introduced an ex gratia fee of Rs 5 lakh each and every to the family of the ones killed.
- The depth of the rainfall diminished on Saturday however introduced little respite to other people as a number of habitations remained marooned on account of the flash floods.
- Whilst the location in Tirupati the town nonetheless remained grim, with many spaces inundated, the scene at the holy Tirumala Hills was once fairly higher, even though pouring rain did inconvenience pilgrims. The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams reopened the ghat roads for vehicular visitors, even though the 2 stairways intended for pilgrims to trek the Hills remained closed. Pilgrims who booked tickets on-line have been being allowed for darshan of Lord Venkateswara. The deluge within the Leader Minister’s local Kadapa district noticed the Annamayya mission getting breached and left a path of destruction in lots of villages downstream below the Rajampet constituency.
- Greater than 30 other people have washed clear of 3 villages alongside the Cheyyeru river route, the place water from the Annamayya medium irrigation mission gushed in. At one level on Friday, two lakh cusecs of floodwater flowed out of Annamayya mission whilst its standard capability was once simply two tmc toes. Kadapa, thus, reported the easiest toll of 13 thus far.
- In Kadiri the town in Anantapuramu district, a construction below development collapsed because of incessant rain and fell on an adjacent construction, killing a minimum of seven individuals, together with 3 kids. Police and income government rescued seven extra individuals from the mishap website online. In Chittoor district, 4 individuals have been killed in rain-related incidents, consistent with the federal government. In SPS Nellore district, a constable positioned within the State Crisis Reaction Drive at Vizianagaram drowned whilst wearing out a rescue operation in Damaramadugu village in SPS Nellore district.
- Police mentioned the SDRF was once engaged within the rescue operation to save lots of villagers stranded within the Somasila river flood when tragedy struck its personal guy. SPS Nellore district bore the brunt as a report flood discharge of over 3.32 lakh cusecs in Somasila left many villages marooned on Saturday. A complete of 243 aid camps have been opened within the 4 districts the place 20,923 individuals evacuated from flood-hit spaces have been lodged.
- South Central Railway Normal Supervisor Gajanan Mallya inspected the Nandaluru-Rajampet segment the place the railway observe was once washed away below the have an effect on of the flood in Cheyyeru. The SCR mentioned in a liberate that observe recovery works have been occurring in complete swing. The Normal Supervisor directed the officers to finish the recovery paintings on a war-footing following all usual protection norms. In the meantime, a minimum of 10 Categorical trains were cancelled on Saturday and Sunday because of flooding of the railway observe within the Nellore-Padugupadu segment in Vijayawada department.
- The state govt mentioned 1,549 homes, valued at over Rs 5 crore, have been broken whilst any other 488 homes remained marooned. Massive injury to cattle was once additionally reported as 612 heads of livestock have been killed and three,232 chickens perished. About 1,791 small livestock like sheep and goat have been additionally killed within the deluge, inflicting a complete lack of over Rs 2.31 crore. 9. Agricultural plants in over 2.33 lakh hectares and horticultural plants in about 20,000 hectares stood broken, consistent with govt knowledge. Roads now lay totally battered in those districts. Many culverts, causeways and bridges suffered intensive injury because of the flash floods.
- Swollen rivers and rivulets brought about an enormous deluge within the districts, chopping off roads at some puts and throwing lifestyles out of drugs. In lots of puts, roads became canals and swept cars away.
(with PTI inputs)
Newest India Information